Monday, March 14, 2011

MOM AND DAD

I am sitting at my desk totaling up wool yardage for fall, listening to Mark Ronson and my boy Alexu.  My mom is coming to visit from Illinois in less than three hours.  I am full of glee.  My mom is awesome.  My dad is awesome.  When I was little, my family was very different from the other families in the midwest.  I think we were straight up hippies.  My mom is an amazing potter, and my dad is a man of many talents.  He built the house I grew up in with his bare hands.  He learned how to build a house by reading library books.  They were the ones who made me who I am today.  I know how to make things, because they made things.  I thought I should share these snapshots.  My parents were foxy.  We rocked underpants as hats, and drove a boss Plymoth.  What a life.








No comments:

Post a Comment